Will the 85W work for the first generation 17' Mac Book Pro?
- Asked by Werner F from New York
- Feb 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 85W work for the first generation 17' Mac Book Pro?)
3 Answers from the Community
The new 85W will work with the first generation 17" MacBook Pro. I personally own a first gen 2.16 Core Duo 17" MacBook Pro. I currently own TWO, NEW 85W power adapters with the L-shaped MagSafe plug, and both work.
While the 85W adapter is slightly smaller than the previous T-shaped adapter, it is still an 85W power adapter. There is an even smaller 65W power adapter that will not work on the 17".
- Answered by Ryan S from Vancouver
- Jul 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The newer metal grey MagSafe connector which has the cable in line with the body of the connector is slightly smaller than the older white plastic MagSafe connector where the cable sticks out at 90 degrees. Make sure you buy the same type as the original adaptor that came with your Mac. Use part number MA938B for the old-style adaptor.
- Answered by Nick S from City Of Westminster
- Jul 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, it should work with out any issue, they have designed the power adapter the same up until 2012 MacBook Pro with retina display and 2012 macbook air.
- Answered by Russell K from Severn
- Jul 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Macbook Pro charger 85W – model purchased in 2007
- Asked by Steve M
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro charger 85W – model purchased in 2007)
- Asked about: Mac
Will it hold a 17" Mac book pro?
- Asked by Jim T from Indianapolis
- Mar 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it hold a 17" Mac book pro?)
- Asked about: Cocoon SLIM Backpack
No answers yet
Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???
- Asked by Shaina H from Richond
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Might be a "duh" question, but it wouldn't work on a 2008, 17" MacBook Pro would it???)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter