My used 15" Macbook Pro (A1150; Intel 2Ghz) will not charge the battery. It works fine but could I have received the wrong wattage Magsafe adapter?
Magsafe Power Adapter
Will not charge
15" Macbook Pro
- Asked by Steven L from Brooklyn
- Nov 19, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (My used 15" Macbook Pro (A1150; Intel 2Ghz) will not charge the battery. It works fine but could I have received the wrong wattage Magsafe adapter?)
2 Answers from the Community
My Macbook Pro is 4 years old now and I have gone through 4 batteries. I admit, I do not charge it wisely, therefore, I continuously run the battery down to a point where it will barely hold a charge. Depending on how old your battery is, and how well you treat it, it could be defective, or it could just be worn out. I'd suggest bringing it to a genius bar and let them run some diagnostics on it. They will be able to tell immediately if the problem is the battery, the computer, or what. And if the battery itself is defective, and you are within so much time of the battery's life span, then can replace it for free. They have been able to replace 2 of my four batteries free of charge because the batteries were simply defective. Sometimes it just happens. Good luck.
- Answered by Nicole D from Wakefield
- Apr 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The wrong wattage adapter shouldn't be the problem as the only difference between them is the total power they'll handle under load. The 15" with powerful graphics card and DVD will use more power than the Air with neither. I would suspect a problem with the battery or charging circuit and you should have an Apple authorized service person look at it.
- Answered by Richard S from Apo
- Jan 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
MagSafe to MagSafe2 & rMBP - Does it charge the rMBP while in use?
- Asked by Michael M from Highlands Ranch
- Oct 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (MagSafe to MagSafe2 & rMBP - Does it charge the rMBP while in use?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
Old Mac will work with MagSafe 2 ???
- Asked by Oswaldo N from Colleyville
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Old Mac will work with MagSafe 2 ???)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…
Can i use Apple MagSafe Power Adapters(MacBook Pro) with 220 V
- Asked by Prabir K from Tampa
- Jan 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use Apple MagSafe Power Adapters(MacBook Pro) with 220 V)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit