macbook europe power adapter
I'm going to spain with my macbook pro. Do I need a power adapter to step down from 220 to 110, or does the regular charger on my power cord handle that for me?
- Asked by Bill B from Oak Park
- May 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook europe power adapter)
2 Answers from the Community
The white box is a built in power converter so you should be fine with plugging it in as long as you have the adapter that changes plug types. You can check to see if other things are converters if it has something like Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50-60Hz. This shows that an electric current of 100-240 Volts can power the converter without problem, which Spain's electricity falls in. If you cannot find this on a product (though most electronics made in about the last 5-10 years automatically convert) or if you feel you would rather side with caution you can but a converter, but only leave it plugged it when you need the power because converters burn out quickly from overheating if you leave them plugged in too long.
- Answered by William C. L from Brooklawn
- May 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just spent the semester aboard in the UK in London. I bought the world travel adapter kit before I left and you just switch the U.S. prong part with the correct european plug style and the charger does the converting for you. I felt very safe using this product, but did laugh when I placed on the London prongs and my charger was funny looking. I had zero problems aboard.
- Answered by Sarah P from Boone
- May 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what is the warranty on the power adapter for a 13" MacBook?
- Asked by Jennifer K from Somerville
- Jan 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the warranty on the power adapter for a 13" MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (fo…
Does this charger double as a power converter for traveling in Europe? (I have an adapter, but not a converter and I don't want to blow out my iPad).
- Asked by Abigail C from Cambridge
- Jan 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charger double as a power converter for traveling in Europe? (I have an adapter, but not a converter and I don't want to blow out my iPad).)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter