if you plug the apple USB ethernet adaptor into your mac book pro and you are in a non-internet area, will the USB provide it with internet?
I mean if the USB gets plugged in...does it 'find' other wi-fi's to connect with or 'is' it internet? because i want to buy one but i want to know if this USB can be used in planes or cars...with no actual connection to another home or business wi-fi. so is it the connection USB or the internet??
2 Answers from the Community
No, it is for wired Ethernet connections only. You cannot use this device to find wireless networks.
- Answered by Martin D
- Apr 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The USB Ethernet Adapter makes it possible to plug in Ethernet cables into your Macbook Air. It is not wireless. As far as I know, this only works on Apple Computers, so you can't plug it into your car and get it connected to the internet. If you want to use this in cars or planes, there would have to be a ethernet cable in it. I don't think any model of car or plane does.
Overall, it is a connection that allows you to plug in ethernet cables into your Macbook Air, or whichever you are using it for. It is not wireless, and it allows you to access the internet via an Ethernet Cable. (Rather than Wireless)
- Answered by Shannon B from Calgary
- Feb 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?
- Asked by William M from Saint Petersburg
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
can i use this adaptor to plug in my non apple usb microphone please?
- Asked by Robert W from Aroona
- Dec 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this adaptor to plug in my non apple usb microphone please?)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter