I don't have ethernet lines out in the country. I just have the regular phone line. Will this work for me?
- Asked by Brenda N from Madoc
- Jul 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I don't have ethernet lines out in the country. I just have the regular phone line. Will this work for me?)
2 Answers from the Community
Not by itself. You need to set up a broadband ADSL account with an internet service provider to supply your house with internet access via your telephone line. that connection will involve a modem/router device that connects to your telephone cable (on the modem part) and also has ethernet port(s) (on the router part).
With the account set up and the modem/router plugged in to your phone line, you'll then be able to plug ethernet capable devices (or devices connected to this adapter via a usb 2.0 port) into the modem to connect to the net.
This is the same procedure needed when connecting to broadband via ethernet in the city as most houses only have the regular phone lines there as well.
- Answered by Gregory P from Ovingham
- Sep 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Thanks for your response Gregory.
We don't have a broadband cable line out here in the country.
I am lucky to have one of the old models of this adapter that does go into a regular phone line. It works on my older MacBookPro but I don't think it will work on a new MacBookPro.
We pretty well have to go the wireless route out here.
- Answered by Brenda N from Madoc
- Sep 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this printer fax and can you plug a regular phone line as well
- Asked by Matthew D from Prospect Park
- Dec 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this printer fax and can you plug a regular phone line as well)
- Asked about: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All…
Can I upgrade on another line and switch it to my line if we are in the same plan for Verizon?
- Asked by Kelsey P from Louisville
- Apr 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade on another line and switch it to my line if we are in the same plan for Verizon?)
- Asked about: iPhone