Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro
The product description it is for a MacBook Air. I just want to be sure it will work in my MBP
- Asked by Bernie D from Croydon
- Oct 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this USB Ethernet Adapter also work in a MacBook Pro)
4 Answers from the Community
doesn't work with the new MB Pro with Retina which doesn't come with an Ethernet port. You will have to cough up the thunderbolt version.
- Answered by Walter K from Carmel
- Sep 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Sometimes you actually do need 2 working Ethernet ports. I can think of many applications for 2 ports.
Many network firewalls use one port for incoming traffic and the second for outgoing traffic.
With that said the adapter does work on a MacBook Pro, but this may change in future updates.
- Answered by Daniel B from Maryville
- Jul 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Derek K from Hanover
- Jul 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Your MBP already has an Ethernet port so you shouldn't need this adapter. Only if your ethernet is busted on your MBP then this would make sense to buy. That being said, It will work on your MBP.
- Answered by Anthony V from West Springfield
- Oct 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
WILL THIS DEVICE WORK WITH MY MACBOOK PRO?
- Asked by Wayne M from Glenview
- Aug 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (WILL THIS DEVICE WORK WITH MY MACBOOK PRO?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to VGA Adapter
Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?
- Asked by Chase H from Saint Marys
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you need a special internet connection to use this or is it just like the USB ethernet adapter?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…
my mac ethernet port stop working can I use the usb ethernet adapter.
- Asked by Paul C from Peekskill
- Jul 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (my mac ethernet port stop working can I use the usb ethernet adapter.)
- Asked about: Mac