Can this be used as a regular modem for faxing from the computer
- Asked by Pamela B from Smithfield
- May 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as a regular modem for faxing from the computer)
2 Answers from the Community
In addition to what Jacob said, ethernet is not the same thing as a phone cord. However, before broadband, people used the phone lines to connect to the internet, but it was excruciatingly slow. Ethernet actually started out as two phone cords which were twisted together.
- Answered by Joshua B from Waterford
- Jul 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is a simple cord which allows you to plug an ethernet cord into your computer. The primary use is most likely for the MacBook Air's which do not have a built in ethernet port.
This will not provide any significant additional functionality to your computer that you would not have with a Wi-Fi connection.
It has been over 15 years since I worked with true faxing on a computer but I believe that would require a telephone line and a modem capable of such a functionality.
- Answered by Jacob B from Rutherfordton
- Jul 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this product need to be used with the olloclip app in order to see its benefits or can it be used with the regular iPhone camera?
- Asked by Mikayla J from Scottsdale
- Nov 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product need to be used with the olloclip app in order to see its benefits or can it be used with the regular iPhone camera?)
- Asked about: Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens System for iPh…
Can this mic be used during a regular phone call?
- Asked by Christos G from Laval
- May 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this mic be used during a regular phone call?)
- Asked about: Apogee MiC Digital Microphone