can i use this to connect to my mac wireless in my house to a LG TV whic has a USB to sream movies,music, etc.
- Asked by Michael S from Melrose Park
- Nov 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this to connect to my mac wireless in my house to a LG TV whic has a USB to sream movies,music, etc.)
2 Answers from the Community
If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to plug this adapter into your TV and use it to connect to your wireless network?
If so, then no, you can't.
The USB port on your TV is usually for either firmware updates or playing music, photos, etc, off of a thumb drive. It's not used to connect devices. And even if it were, it's very unlikely your TV would have the drivers to USE a networking cable.
And even if it COULD, it's extraordinarily doubtful that it'd have the configuration utilities to be able to configure a network.
And lastly, this is a wired ethernet adapter. You can't use it to connect to a wireless network, only a hard-wire network.
- Answered by J N from Northbridge
- Dec 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Nope, computers only.
- Answered by Derek K from Hanover
- Jul 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is there a cord for my late 2012 iMac to be able to connect it to a television?
- Asked by Keith C from Warrensburg
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a cord for my late 2012 iMac to be able to connect it to a television?)
- Asked about: Mac
How to connect iPad Air to lg smart tv
- Asked by Rahul T from Macquarie Fields
- Aug 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect iPad Air to lg smart tv)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet