Will this connect my Humax PVR which has Ethernet capability to my internet-ready TV when my wireless router is on a different floor in my house?
i want to use my TV's internet setting and Humax PVR's ethernet capability to be able to get iPlayer etc on my TV freeview directly. I have to ethernet connect the PVR to my router but it is on a different floor. Will this device do it by connecting to my wireless network? (If not, what kit would?)
I tried Powerline connectors but they did not connect to my mac wireless network (was told my Timecapsule firewall was blocking access, although the powelines 'found' each other)
1 Answer from the Community
It will with the Humax PVR. I've just connected mine, and it's works just fine. Not sure about the TV though - I guess if it's wireless, then you would already have it connected. If it's wired, then the AP only has one Ethernet port, so you would need another AP?
- Answered by Phil S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what is faster wireless vs ethernet connection
- Asked by Randall B from Sparks
- Mar 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what is faster wireless vs ethernet connection)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Can I use two Airport Time Capsules in the same house as access points for two different floors?
- Asked by Kush V P from Riverside
- Dec 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use two Airport Time Capsules in the same house as access points for two different floors?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Can I set this up as a wireless print server that can pair up with my home wireless internet router?
- Asked by Robert H from Elk Grove
- Aug 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set this up as a wireless print server that can pair up with my home wireless internet router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme