How does this dock compare to other docks, is it worth getting? (this question is written because there is no rating allowed on this product)
which dock would you recommend for using with the iPhone 4 and other apple peripherals (ipad, ipods...etc)
- Asked by Alfred A from South Ozone Park
- Jul 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How does this dock compare to other docks, is it worth getting? (this question is written because there is no rating allowed on this product))
2 Answers from the Community
This dock is designed only for the iPhone 4 without a case.
The Apple Universal Dock comes with adapters for all the current iPods and iPhones and nearly all the older ones.
Both feature an audio out port for speakers/headphones, but only the Universal Dock works with a remote control (also included). The remote can be used to play pause and skip music, photos or video on compatible the devices.
There is one exception, the iPhone 4 doesn't come with a dock adapter and the Universal Dock is missing the iPhone 4 adapter. From my own experience, the original iPhone dock adapter fits the iPhone 4 perfectly.
- Answered by Stewart L
- Aug 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It does exactly the same job as previous iPhone docks but is a backward step in design. The 3G/3GS dock was sculpted to the phone, a thoughtful and discreet design, whereas this one is crude by comparison. The only alternative is the Universal Dock at £39 plus £7 for a pack of adaptors (since they don't enclose one with the phone). You can of course manage without a dock. It's just nicer to have the phone standing up while it charges or syncs.
- Answered by Philip D from Stonehouse
- Aug 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the case allow for docking?
- Asked by Karen T from Virginia Beach
- May 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the case allow for docking?)
- Asked about: iPhone 5s Case - Black
What's the signal strength compare to the old white one?
- Asked by Jeff K from Cupertino
- Nov 6, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the signal strength compare to the old white one?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
Can this dock support multiple displays?
- Asked by Michael F from Hinsdale
- Sep 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this dock support multiple displays?)
- Asked about: Elgato Thunderbolt Dock
No answers yet