Does the iPhone 4 have a facility for plugging in a high gain external antenna for use in fringe areas as encountered in outback Australia ?
Even a docking device with an inductive coupling in the area of the inbuilt antenna may suffice. This feature could be included in the dock to charge the batteries and use as hands free from a vehicle's 12 VDC power.
- Asked by Trevor A from Jindalee
- Aug 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (external antenna)
2 Answers from the Community
Look up Wilson cellular boosters, They may have what you're looking for. If you haven't looked already.
- Answered by Bradmedic O from Lethbridge
- Feb 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
no sorry, it is simply a dock that charges, syncs with your computer, connects to a speaker via 3.5mm headphone port and allows audio porting through the two holes, it does nothing for the antenna
- Answered by Lawrence D
- Nov 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i add an external roof mounted antenna to the AirPort Extreme for greater coverage ?
- Asked by Eric G from Arlington
- Jul 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i add an external roof mounted antenna to the AirPort Extreme for greater coverage ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does Apple TV have an external digital tuner to watch OTA channels?
- Asked by Rachel M from Swampscott
- Jan 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV have an external digital tuner to watch OTA channels?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
External speaker connections provided?
- Asked by Jeffery M
- Jul 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (External speaker connections provided?)
- Asked about: Philips DC291 Docking Clock Radio w…
No answers yet