Compatibility of the Dock with other models
is the docking station compatible with any other iOS products like ipod touch or iphone 2G -3G?
- Asked by Antonis J from Guildford
- Jun 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility of the Dock with other models)
7 Answers from the Community
It is only for the iPhone 4. But you can get the iPod dock that is made for all iPods and iPhone. It is $49 and it comes with the remote
- Answered by Stephen B from San Francisco
- Jun 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The iPhone 4 dock is specifically shaped for iPhone 4.
- Answered by Evan P from Salem
- Jun 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Further to previous answers, I've got one in front of me that I picked up this morning. My old iPhone 3G does actually fit, just about - it's not a clean or tight fit (especially when compared to the iPhone 4), but it goes in far enough for the phone to connect to iTunes and charge. That said, I'd agree with the previous answers - you're better off getting the universal dock, mine was a bit of an impulse buy as I got caught up in the excitement of launch day.
- Answered by Jonathan K from London
- Jun 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Purchasing the Apple Universal Dock saves money in the long run. Each time a new iPhone is released Apple provides an adapter (normally about $9) that accommodates the new phone for the Universal Dock. This time is no exception. It seems the "greenest" and least expensive way to approach this problem.
- Answered by Kevin K from Auburn
- Jun 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
No, this is the iphone 4 dock, which means only for iphone 4. Get the universal dock for everything else and the corresponding adapter, or if there still selling the iphone 3g dock then snag that before its gone.
- Answered by Chris M from Bloomington
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
no. the other phone are too thick to fit in this custom designed dock.
- Answered by Dan I from Smithfield
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
While I'm waiting for my iPhone 4 to be delivered I have my iPhone 3Gs connected to the Apple iPhone 4 Dock now and it works well. I am charging the phone while listening to music through the back audio connection. It is a little tight, but it works.
- Answered by Walter D from Pottsville
- Jun 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
can i buy a dock to be added to this model
- Asked by Rosemary D from Danbury
- Dec 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i buy a dock to be added to this model)
- Asked about: iHome iBN97 Bluetooth Speakerphone …
Is this approved by Hypertension canada, as the docking model is?
- Asked by James F from Nelson
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this approved by Hypertension canada, as the docking model is?)
- Asked about: iHealth Wireless Blood Pressure Mon…