which bit is the snow leopard 32 or 64 ?
i have a late 2006 2007 macbook and i was wondering since this is compatlble to upgrade which bit is the new snow leopard 32 or 64 or does it come with both just incase
- Asked by Cody G from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate (which bit is the snow leopard 32 or 64 ?)
2 Answers from the Community
I have a 1st gen Macbook, (2GHz core duo, not core 2 duo) and snow leopard works perfectly. It runs using the 32bit kernel. My macbook pro (core 2.4GHz core 2 duo) uses the 64bit kernel.
Snow Leopard includes both kernels.
- Answered by Ilias T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It is both. If your Mac is able to boot in 64 bit, it will do so or you may need to toggle it.
Be aware that not all Macs can boot the 64 bit kernel and that not all applications will take advantage of 64 bit operations.
MacBooks and MacMini's are known not be able to boot the 64 bit kernel.
- Answered by Michael S from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Should I get a 32 gig or 64 gig
- Asked by Mary P from Calgary
- Feb 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I get a 32 gig or 64 gig)
- Asked about: iPhone
does office:mac 2011 support 64 bit arithmetic in its excel?
- Asked by Wayne D
- Mar 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does office:mac 2011 support 64 bit arithmetic in its excel?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office for Mac Home and B…