Upgrading from 10.5.8 - probably a dumb question :)
I want to upgrade from 10.5.8 to Snow Leopard and then to Lion. I just wanted to know if my current Windows for Mac software will still be okay with the new software. I've not done any upgrades since buying my Mac Mini (other than the auto-upgrades), so am not sure what's involved.
- Asked by Leah B from Kambah
- Jan 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrading from 10.5.8 - probably a dumb question :))
1 Answer from the Community
Not knowing what "Windows for Mac" software you are using, or which version, I suggest doing the following:
1) do an internet search for system requirements for the version of "Windows for Mac" you are using,
2) partition your harddrive (or get external harddrive(s)) and make a bootable clone of your current system. Then upgrade one of the clones to Snow Leopard. Make a clone of the Snow Leopard partition, and upgrade one of those clones to Lion. Now you will have three partitions each with a different OS on it. Install and test your Windows for Mac software with Snow Leopard and with Lion. If it doesn't work, then simply start up from one of the other partitions to "return to" a previous OS.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Jan 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this printer with Mac 10.5.8?
- Asked by Ann S from Los Angeles
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this printer with Mac 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunct…
HOW to upgrade 10.5.8 to 10.6 with intel processor?
- Asked by Pedro C
- Mar 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (HOW to upgrade 10.5.8 to 10.6 with intel processor?)
- Asked about: Mac
How can I upgrade my iMac os x 10.5.8
- Asked by Tracy O from Highland Park
- Mar 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I upgrade my iMac os x 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet