Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?
Macbook 13inch with Intel processor about 6mo old with ver 10.5.8 Tiger installed. Will a clean install be required, or does the standard install leave applications and data and just remove the old version and replace with the new 10.6 Snow Leopard version of the OSX?
- Asked by Roger H from Worland
- Nov 9, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
1 Answer from the Community
First of all- when you say Tiger, I'm assuming that you mean Leopard. If you have all of your serials, licenses, etc. do a clean install. It's best for the machine. If you don't however, do standard. It will, yes, leave all of your files on the machine (just replace the system). Hope this helps.
- Answered by Iddo P from Memphis
- Nov 10, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I upgrade my G4 to Leopard or Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Peggy C from Collierville
- Dec 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my G4 to Leopard or Snow Leopard?)
- Asked about: Mac
is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?
- Asked by Philip S from Cincinnati
- Oct 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)