mac os x 10.4.11 need upgrading?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
best upgrading is ????????????
- Asked by Shay L from Brooklyn
- Nov 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (mac os x 10.4.11 need upgrading?)
2 Answers from the Community
Your first goal should be to get to OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. If you're willing to do a clean install, you can just purchase and install Snow Leopard. If you want to do an upgrade install, you will need to upgrade to OS X 10.5 Leopard first.
If you want to go beyond Snow Leopard, your machine will benefit from a memory upgrade to 4GB.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Nov 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Your current system is compatible with Snow Leopard.
Buy Snow Leopard DVD and install. Then do software update to bring up to OS 10.6.8.
I upgraded directly from OS 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard on a system similar to yours. In my case I installed Snow Leopard to a fresh partition (formatted as "Mac OS Extended (Journalled)". During install, the installer will search for other partitions with an OS and then ask if you want to import OS settings, files and/or apps. Import all for a smooth transition. The benefit is that if there is a missing OS10.6 driver for a scanner or printer, you can still Start Up from the OS 10.4.11 partition until a solution is found. Also, the old partition automatically becomes a "back up" in case the OS 10.6 installation is interrupted by a power failure.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Nov 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will it work with OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Luz S. T from Alice
- Jul 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with OS X 10.4.11)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
I have a mac mini OS10.4.11. How much would an upgrade to ios x 10.6 cost?
- Asked by Irving G from North Bergen
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a mac mini OS10.4.11. How much would an upgrade to ios x 10.6 cost?)
- Asked about: Mac
I need to update from 10.4.11 how do I do that
- Asked by John U from Upper Darby
- Mar 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to update from 10.4.11 how do I do that)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet