is this an upgrade or full operating system?
- Asked by Nitin J from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (is this an upgrade or full operating system?)
2 Answers from the Community
This is the full operating system.
- Answered by Michael M from Pleasanton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's the full operating system, and does not need a previous OS to be present. (Even the US$29 Snow Leopard DVD will let you do a clean full install.)
If you want to do a clean install, here are the instructions:
(replace each "DOT" with ".")
TIP: If you install Snow Leopard on a separate partition or hard drive from your present OS, during install you will be asked if you want to import the OS settings, applications and/or files from the partition with your old OS. Do this for a smooth transition: importing all email settings and programs so you don't have to reinstall each program. By installing on a separate partition, you can then restart from either Snow Leopard or your old OS if you need to.
I "upgraded" from OS 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard, and the only issues I had was that some printer drivers and a scanner utility needed updates from manufacturers. And, the default internet browser, caused the Mac to freeze, so I now use Firefox instead.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how can upgrade my operating system?
- Asked by Anibal R from Orlando
- Jun 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (how can upgrade my operating system?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
what operating system does the macbook airs from 2014
- Asked by Adam S from Las Vegas
- May 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what operating system does the macbook airs from 2014)
- Asked about: Mac
What is the newest operating system that irig will work with?
- Asked by Blain F from Willowbeach
- Mar 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the newest operating system that irig will work with?)
- Asked about: iRig HD Digital Guitar Interface fo…