If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?
I am looking to upgrade to OS X 10.6, but the other macbook that I wish to update to 10.6 is in Brisbane, whereas I am in Sydney. Will the software allow both Macbooks to upgrade?
- Asked by Greg D from Sydney
- Aug 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (If I buy the 10.6 family pack, will it work on two Macbooks in the same family but under seperate roofs?)
1 Answer from the Community
The software will upgrade both, BUT the license does not allow the Family Pack to be used on computers in separate households, unless used by a student of that household who is living on-campus.
Apple's Family Pack License and definition of a household is as follows:
Family Pack License. If you have purchased a Family Pack license, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted a limited nonexclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-branded computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that same household. By "household" we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium, but shall also extend to student members who are primary residents of that household but residing at a separate on-campus location. The Family Pack License does not extend to business or commercial users.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Aug 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I purchase a family license for software upgrades?
- Asked by Elvira L from Castro Valley
- Feb 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I purchase a family license for software upgrades?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can multiple family members use the same device?
- Asked by Michael M from Clearwater
- Mar 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can multiple family members use the same device?)
- Asked about: iHealth Wireless Blood Pressure Mon…