I have OS X 10.5.8, also Windows Vista running under Bootcamp. If I upgrade to 10.6, what happens to Bootcamp and the Windows files?
Bootcamp when upgrading to 10.6
1 Answer from the Community
With personal experience, the easy upgrade (not clean install) retains all partitions, applications, personal files and preferences, including your Bootcamp partition. After upgrading, you won't notice any change until you start using some of your applications which are radically faster, the first I noticed was Safari.
In short: Your Windows partition will remain unchanged, this also goes for any virtual machines, even those saved in your personal folder.
Also worth to notice: If your bootcamp partition is formated with NTFS, it's untouchable by the Mac OS unless you re-format your whole drive.
- Answered by Max W from Göteborg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?
- Asked by Daniele T from Ferrara
- Aug 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
I have a macbook OS X 10.5.8. I need to upgrade to the 10.6.8 snow leopard, will my mac OS be able to support the program?
- Asked by Sandra S from Bacchus Marsh
- Nov 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a macbook OS X 10.5.8. I need to upgrade to the 10.6.8 snow leopard, will my mac OS be able to support the program?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can the io sage back up data that is on bootcamp with Windows OS installed?
- Asked by Nicholas Y from Santa Monica
- Jan 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the io sage back up data that is on bootcamp with Windows OS installed?)
- Asked about: ioSafe 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterp…