I have Mac mini 1.1, Mac OS X, version 10.5.8; can I upgrade? How do I upgrade?
I have Mac mini 1.1, Mac OS X, version 10.5.8;
1.66 GHz intel core duo
1 GB 677 MH2 DD2 SDRAM
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.3f4
Serial Number (system): G863649DW0C
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CBA704C7
- Asked by Wendell A from Hendersonville
- Feb 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Mac mini 1.1, Mac OS X, version 10.5.8; can I upgrade? How do I upgrade?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can upgrade to 10.6 Snow Leopard, but not to 10.7 Lion. If you do upgrade, it might be a good idea to upgrade RAM to 2GB for zippier performance.
To upgrade, simply purchase the DVD from Apple, insert into your Mac Mini, and go for it (after backing up your Mac of course).
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Feb 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?
- Asked by Jerry Osagie S from Barcelona
- Jan 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)