I have an iMac desk top version OS X10.6.8 I want to upgrade to the latest version there is. Do I need mountain lion or snow leopard.
1 Answer from the Community
You already have Snow Leopard. The last version of Snow Leopard is OS 10.6.8.
Lion (OS 10.7) is no longer available from the App Store.
Mountain Lion (OS 10.8 -- current version is OS 10.8.4) can be installed on Macs newer than 2007-2009 (the exact date depends on the model of Mac, when certain hardware was included inside each model). Make sure you meet all System Requirements before purchasing and attempting to install.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 t0 mountain lion or do I have to upgrade to lion first?
- Asked by Glenn H from Humboldt
- Sep 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 t0 mountain lion or do I have to upgrade to lion first?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
os x 10.6.8 How can I download the current OS?
- Asked by L Stephen A from Provo
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (os x 10.6.8 How can I download the current OS?)
- Asked about: Mac