i have a macbook, 2 GHz intel core 2 duo running 10.4. if i buy the snow leopard upgrade will it work?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, it will work. Be careful when you upgrade from 10.4. The 10.4 hard drive is probably formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Snow Leopard requires the hard drive to be formatted as a GUID. A Mac OS Extended drive will have to be wiped/reformatted/partitioned to get to GUID. You will need to backup all your data and re-install to include all your applications and utilities. You will also need to check to see if what you have, applications and utilities, will work in 10.6.
- Answered by Michael R from Glen Burnie
- Apr 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?
- Asked by Casey L from Austin
- Oct 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my 2009 Macbook - 2ghz Intel Core 2 Duo?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can a Mac Mini 1,1 that was originally a single core intel upgraded to a Intel core duo 2 ghz w 10.6.8 Snow Leopard work with 10.7 Lion ?
- Asked by William H from San Jose
- Apr 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Mac Mini 1,1 that was originally a single core intel upgraded to a Intel core duo 2 ghz w 10.6.8 Snow Leopard work with 10.7 Lion ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Can Dragon be used with Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Calvin Z from Tiburon
- Nov 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Dragon be used with Snow Leopard?)
- Asked about: Dragon Dictate 3.0