I have a 2.4 GH2 Core 2 Duo Mac version 10.5.8 Can I update this and to what version would be best?
Memory 1GB 800mHz. DDR2 SDRAM
- Asked by Anthony M
- Jan 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2.4 GH2 Core 2 Duo Mac version 10.5.8 Can I update this and to what version would be best?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, your mac is ready to upgrade to Snow Leopard (although having more memory is my preference).
After installing and starting up in Snow Leopard, select "Software Update" under the Apple Menu. Updates will bring Snow Leopard up to 10.6.8. (Check in "About This Mac" and do Software Updates until you are at 10.6.8.)
After updating to OS 10.6.8, you will also have the App Store app in your applications folder. Your Mac will support Lion OS 10.7 if the memory is upgraded to at least 2GB. To get Lion, you need to visit storeDOTappleDOTcom/us/product/D6106Z/A/os-x-lion
(replace each "DOT" with".") where you can purchase a content code to install Lion through the App Store.
I assume your mac is an early 2008 iMac. If so, and you have at least 2GB of memory, you can also upgrade directly from Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8 to Mountain Lion OS 10.8 by visiting: storeDOTappleDOTcom/us/product/D6377/os-x-mountain-lion
The early 2008 iMac will support up to 4GB of memory.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that
- Asked by Rebecca L from Cranbrook
- Apr 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that)
- Asked about: Mac
I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and i want to update what should i do?
- Asked by Yariana F from Wesley Chapel
- Jul 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and i want to update what should i do?)
- Asked about: Mac
Will the apple remote work with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo version 10.5.8 black Macbook?
- Asked by Cheryl V from St.catharines
- May 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the apple remote work with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo version 10.5.8 black Macbook?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote