i have 10.1 3.06 GHz....what do I upgrade to?
I have the Imac desktop 27". The iMac 10.1 at 3.06 GHz. I would like to upgrade but would appreciate some help in deciding what I upgrade to. Much thanks!
- Asked by David A from Dayton
- Jan 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i have 10.1 3.06 GHz....what do I upgrade to?)
2 Answers from the Community
You have the 27" iMac with Model ID: imac10.1 . It came with at least 4 GB of memory.
It had Snow Leopard pre-installed (Snow Leopard is OS 10.6)
If Snow Leopard has been updated to OS 10.6.8 (or you upgraded to Lion (OS 10.7) in meantime) you can download and install Mountain Lion (OS 10.8). (Note: "Lion" is now a legacy product at Apple.)
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do you mean you have the iMac10,1 (note the comma)? If so, your machine probably shipped with Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Use Software Update to make sure it's now running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Then if you want to upgrade, you can open the Mac App Store and purchase Mountain Lion 10.8.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Looking to upgrade my iMac late 2009
- Asked by Lee B
- Feb 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Looking to upgrade my iMac late 2009)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
I have an iMac 3,06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Does it connect?
- Asked by Nick K
- Jan 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 3,06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Does it connect?)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter