I am still running Mac OS X 10.4.11. I just received a new iPod nano but can't upload music because I need to update to os x 10.5. How do I do this
I also clicked on the apple icon to see if I had software updates and I do not. I have an intel processor but I do not have 1 GB of memory.
- Asked by Jessica P from Lyndon Center
- Jan 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I am still running Mac OS X 10.4.11. I just received a new iPod nano but can't upload music because I need to update to os x 10.5. How do I do this)
1 Answer from the Community
If you don't have the install disk for Leopard OS 10.5, you may want to consider increasing memory and upgrading directly to Snow Leopard OS 10.6. "New retail" boxes of Leopard used to be very hard to find, and if found, used to cost $120+. Snow Leopard is $20, leaving financial room for increasing memory.
If your Mac was bought with Leopard, it is probably a 2007 to 2009 model. For some of these models, 1GB DIMMs should cost $15 to $30; 2GB DIMMs should cost $25 to $50.
I upgraded directly from OS 10.4.11 to OS 10.6. When I did, I installed Snow Leopard on a newly created partition [formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with GUID option]. During install, the installer asked if I wanted to import OS settings, Apps and/or Files from the other OS partition. I did. In end I had a multi-boot Mac (press Option key during start up to choose partition to start up from). Came in handy when I discovered I did not have printer and scanner drivers compatible with Snow Leopard, and in meantime I could still start up with Tiger to print and scan until I could get find appropriate drivers.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Jan 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will it work with OS X 10.4.11
- Asked by Luz S. T from Alice
- Jul 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with OS X 10.4.11)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Why must the computer be Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later when it is a USB keyboard?
- Asked by Katie W from Toronto
- Dec 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Why must the computer be Mac OS X v.10.6.8 or later when it is a USB keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …