How do I find out the type of processor have? I checked the Apple menu under "About this Mac" and it's not very clear.
I am trying to upgrade to the latest operating system and I want to make sure that I am able to with my current processor.
1 Answer from the Community
When you go to "About This Mac" and read the specs for the processor, it may seem a bit cryptic.
If the phrase "PowerPC" is in the description, you can't upgrade to OS10.6 (Snow Leopard).
If the word "Intel" is in the description, then you are good for Snow Leopard.
But for Lion, the description can not read "Intel Core Duo".
It must read "Intel Core 2 Duo" or have the phrase "Core i3", "Core i5", "Core i7", or "Xeon".
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- May 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How to create a New file menu????
- Asked by Ali M from Kissimmee
- Apr 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How to create a New file menu????)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Where can I find a physical US Extended Layout keyboard for my mac?
- Asked by Giorgio B from Roma Italy
- Apr 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find a physical US Extended Layout keyboard for my mac?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
how do you check the ipad model type
- Asked by Chee Hong T from Deer Park
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you check the ipad model type)
- Asked about: iPad