how do i boot into windows
- Asked by Brian W from Greenville
- Nov 2, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i boot into windows)
1 Answer from the Community
To boot into Windows, you go to System Preferences, then you click on Start Up Disk. Select the Windows icon and click on the restart button. If Windows does not show up do the following.
In order to boot into Windows, you need the following things.
-Windows Install Disc
-Mac OS X Install Disc
You do need a Windows Install Disc if you did not install it on your Mac before. While in Mac OS X, go into the Applications folder then into the Utilities folder. Double-click on the Boot Camp Assistant. It will then ask you how much space on your hard drive that you want to use for Windows. Let it do its thing then put in the Windows install disc and click on the Start Installation button. Go through all the Windows installation steps. After installation is done, put in your Mac OS X install disc to install Boot Camp on Windows to allow it to work properly on your Mac. After that you will be able to boot into Windows anytime you like.
- Answered by Jerry P from Fayetteville
- Nov 4, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use boot camp from an external drive
- Asked by Gerald N from Walnut Creek
- Nov 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use boot camp from an external drive)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Have anybody tried it in Windows running on Mac (Boot Camp)?
- Asked by Aleksandr B from Brooklyn
- Oct 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Have anybody tried it in Windows running on Mac (Boot Camp)?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse