how can i upgrade my mac OS X 10.5.8?
would like to upgrade my system from OS X 10.5.8, to be more compatible with new printers, etc.. how do i go about doing this?
- Asked by Vicki E from Ligonier
- Nov 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i upgrade my mac OS X 10.5.8?)
1 Answer from the Community
Vickie E. - this depends - if your Mac has an Intel processor then you can purchase the OSX 10.6 and install that - this should cover your situation for newer printers.
Now another way to look at this is to check with the printer in question and see if they have driver software for Mac OSX . This may require you to visit the printer support website and see if they have an installer package for Macintosh and what versions of OSX they support.
It would be a shame to purchase OSX Snow Leopard and find out that the printer you want to use is not supported for OSX no matter what version of OSX you have. Believe it or not : not all printers work w Mac OSX.
- Answered by John A from Santa Clara
- Dec 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?
- Asked by Jerry Osagie S from Barcelona
- Jan 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and i want to update what should i do?
- Asked by Yariana F from Wesley Chapel
- Jul 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac OS X 10.5.8 and i want to update what should i do?)
- Asked about: Mac
can i install a wireless keyboard on MAC OS X 10.5.8?
- Asked by Ana F from Toronto
- Mar 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i install a wireless keyboard on MAC OS X 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English