does snow leopard os x delete all files on your mac, including music and documents?
- Asked by Mary Ann L from Alburtis
- Aug 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does snow leopard os x delete all files on your mac, including music and documents?)
1 Answer from the Community
No. All your files will remain intact.
But if you want to be extra safe in case of power outage during installation, etc, then do the following:
1) create a new partition on your hard drive and install Snow Leopard to it.
2) during install the installer will look for all other partitions with another (older) OS. If found, it will ask you if you want to import OS settings, files and apps from the other partition. Do this.
3) In end you have a dual system Mac, and can start up from either OS by selecting StartUp Disk in System Preferences (or pressing the Option key at StartUp.)
4) Make sure you only update files on the new partition, and don't receive email in your old partition.
5) The advantage of the dual boot Mac, is if you have special drivers for printers or scanners that only work in the older OS, you can still use the printers and scanners until you find a solution in the new OS. Once you are happy that everything is just the way you want in the new OS, you can delete the partition with the old OS.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Aug 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is snow leopard included with macbook pro?
- Asked by Brett M from Hobbema
- Nov 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is snow leopard included with macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mac
Is this mouse Snow Leopard compatible or not?
- Asked by Jeffrey M from North Hollywood
- Dec 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this mouse Snow Leopard compatible or not?)
- Asked about: Logitech Performance Mouse MX
will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?
- Asked by Barbara N from Dallas
- Feb 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will OS X Lion 10.7 support iCloud?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
No answers yet