can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 now my mail doesn't work do I need to go to Lion 10.7? But I am afraid my macbook is too old to run it.. 2005 with no upgrades
- Asked by Sherry H from Sarasota
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?)
1 Answer from the Community
It looks like the first MacBook came out in May 2006, so let's assume that's what you have. You can upgrade a 2006 MacBook to Lion, but that's as far as you can go (Mountain Lion will refuse to install). However, there's no telling whether that will fix the problem you're having with Mail. You might want to try searching for troubleshooting steps for that independently. One option is to install a different email client, e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird (a free download).
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
- Oct 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what is the highest upgrade for macbook pro
- Asked by Christine M from Sandy
- Feb 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the highest upgrade for macbook pro)
- Asked about: Mac
Can you upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 t0 mountain lion or do I have to upgrade to lion first?
- Asked by Glenn H from Humboldt
- Sep 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you upgrade from OS X 10.6.8 t0 mountain lion or do I have to upgrade to lion first?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)