Can I upgrade my Mac 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard
- Asked by Nellie H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my Mac 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes... if your Mac has an Intel processor, at least 1GB of memory, and 5GB of hard drive space.
You can use any Snow Leopard disk to upgrade. Here are the steps I used to upgrade my iMac from 10.4.11 to Snow Leopard using the US$29 DVD.
1) First, keep (or clone to an external bootable drive) your old bootable partition with the old OS on it.
2) Start doing a clean install of Snow Leopard to a fresh partition. In order to do a clean install with the $29 DVD, you will have two options when you start up from the DVD... "Utilities" or "Continue". Select "Utilities" and when the Mac restarts, select "Disk Utilities" from the "Utilities" menu. Do a format of your "fresh" partition and then QUIT "Disk Utilities".
3) Now Snow Leopard will begin installing. During the install, it will search your Mac for all other partitions with an older OS and then ask you if you want to import your OS Settings, Applications and Files from one of those other partitions. Do this for a very smooth upgrade transition to the new OS. (If you decide to not import, then you will end up with a clean install of Snow Leopard instead.)
4) All my Apps from OS 10.4.11 continue to work in Snow Leopard, but some of my printer drivers and scanner utility did not. Until I found those upgrades, I was still able to start up from the OS 10.4.11 partition to use my printers and scanner. To change the Start Up partition, either use the Start Up Disk in System Preferences... or press and hold "option" while your Mac starts up.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I WANT TO UPGRADE TO SNOW LEOPARD FROM 10.4.11. Is this possible and how do I do it?
- Asked by Jerome D from Plattsburgh
- Feb 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I WANT TO UPGRADE TO SNOW LEOPARD FROM 10.4.11. Is this possible and how do I do it?)
- Asked about: Mac
I need to update from 10.4.11 how do I do that
- Asked by John U from Upper Darby
- Mar 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to update from 10.4.11 how do I do that)
- Asked about: Mac
How do you upgrade above 10.4.11
- Asked by Elizabeth H from New Rochelle
- Jan 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you upgrade above 10.4.11)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse