can i purchase both snow leopard and lion software on the apple store? or do i have to purchase in the apple store?
- Asked by Amanda S from Aliso Viejo
- Mar 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i purchase both snow leopard and lion software on the apple store? or do i have to purchase in the apple store?)
2 Answers from the Community
Snow Leopard is a disc.$20 You can buy it here in the Apple online store and have it shipped to your home. It arrives pretty quickly. Snow Leopard was the last OS on disc. From there everything newer can be purchased at Apple online and downloaded. If you are running an earlier OS you will need to purchase the Snow Leopard disc and install it and then run Software Update to get the updates for that. Then you can go directly to Mountain Lion if you want to skip Lion and just purchase Mountain Lion as a download at the Apple Store online. Each new OS is $20 online. If you are running Snow Leopard (10.6.x), update to the latest version of OS X Snow Leopard before you purchase OS X Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store. Click the Apple icon on your computer and choose Software Update to install Snow Leopard v10.6.8, the latest version. If you’re running OS X Leopard and would like to upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion, first you’ll need to upgrade to OS X Snow Leopard. If you are running Lion (10.7.x), you’re ready to update to Mountain Lion.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Mark D from Encino
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Snow Leopard comes on disk and should be available in the Apple Store (both the retail store and the online store).
Lion and Mountain Lion are only available as downloads through the App Store. However, since release of Mountain Lion, Lion is no longer in the App Store and you will likely need to contact Apple's Customer Service in order to get. (Contact info for Apple's Customer Service in each country can be found by going to
supportDOTappleDOTcom/kb/HE57 (replace each "DOT" with ".").
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Mar 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I purchase this in store?
- Asked by Penny L from Waterloo
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I purchase this in store?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
No answers yet
Can I install/upgrade to snow leopard on my imac from tiger, without using leopard
- Asked by Robin S from Murrieta
- Apr 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install/upgrade to snow leopard on my imac from tiger, without using leopard)
- Asked about: Mac
Can I purchase programs such as Pages from Apple store
- Asked by Lois L from Knoxville
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I purchase programs such as Pages from Apple store)
- Asked about: iPad