can I go back from snow leopard 10.6.8 to leopard 10.5.8?
- Asked by Patricia K from Campinas
- Flag as inappropriate (can I go back from snow leopard 10.6.8 to leopard 10.5.8?)
1 Answer from the Community
If you have the install discs for Leopard 10.5 you could create a partition and do a fresh install of 10.5.8 on that partition. That would still keep your 10.6.8 installation, but would mean re-installing any apps and drivers for OS 10.5.
When I install a newer OS, I normally do so to a new partition. During install, the installer (such os the OS 10.6 installer) will search for other partitions with OS installations and then ask if you want to import OS settings, apps and files to the new partition. Afterwards you have two OS installations on your Mac and can start up from either one. I do this so I can always jump back to the older OS in case I do not have an app or driver that works with the newer OS.
To change from one OS to another when your Mac starts up, either use "Start Up Disk" in System Preferences, or hold the option key during start up, and then select the partition with the OS you want to use.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Cale D from Waterloo
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet