I need a car charger to plug into for mac book
- Asked by Kevin B from Brampton
- Mar 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a car charger to plug into for mac book)
4 Answers from the Community
Kensington I think makes a plug for the car. Do not use the Airline Adapter for car use.
- Answered by Jared H from Burke
- Nov 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Kensington sells one that is sold through the Apple store. It's called Kensington Auto/Air Power Inverter with USB Ports
You can ask the Apple store) customer service rep. for the link or do a search. This forum won't let me post the link here.
- Answered by Philip K from Chicago
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You should note, although this is a very old thread, that the Airport adapter does not work in your car.
Using the MagSafe Airline Adapter provides power for your computer but does not charge the battery.
The MagSafe Airline Adapter is not compatible with automobile power ports."
- Answered by Douglas M from Avon
- Sep 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You would need to buy the Apple MagSafe Airline Adapter.
- Answered by Stephen B from San Francisco
- Nov 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
can i leave my mac laptop plugged in to the charger
- Asked by Edward G from Oxnard
- Apr 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i leave my mac laptop plugged in to the charger)
- Asked about: Mac
do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?
- Asked by Patti G from Southern Pines
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)