Can the white polycarbonate macbook 13" use an 85w charger?
- Asked by Shuntelle R from Baldwin
- Dec 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the white polycarbonate macbook 13" use an 85w charger?)
2 Answers from the Community
The article at
support dot apple dot com/kb/ht2346
(substitute punctuation for the word dot and remove spaces)
Power adapters for Intel-based Apple notebooks are available in 45W, 60W, and 85W varieties. Although you should always use the proper wattage adapter for your Apple notebook, you can use an adapter of a higher wattage without issue.
For instance If you have a MacBook (13-inch Late 2009) that normally uses a 60W adapter, you can also use an 85W adapter with that computer. You would not use a 45W adapter with that computer; it would not provide enough power for that MacBook.
- Answered by Robert T from Montreal
- Jan 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes for temporary use is fine. However, you should never substitute it for the Apple 65W power adapter for an extended period of time since it was not designed for a smaller battery.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- Dec 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Macbook Pro charger 85W – model purchased in 2007
- Asked by Steve M
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro charger 85W – model purchased in 2007)
- Asked about: Mac
Would the White MacBook 13 inch fit in this case?
- Asked by Andrew G
- Aug 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the White MacBook 13 inch fit in this case?)
- Asked about: Herschel Supply Co. 15" Anchor Slee…
Will the 85w magsafe 2 charger works better than 45w magsafe 2 for macbook air?
- Asked by Minjun K from Cupertino
- Oct 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 85w magsafe 2 charger works better than 45w magsafe 2 for macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…