can I load office for mac onto my Ipad, and therefore use powerpoint tp project my presentations onto a monitor via the VGA adaptor regards
- Asked by Clint W from Wisbech
- Jun 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can I load office for mac onto my Ipad, and therefore use powerpoint tp project my presentations onto a monitor via the VGA adaptor regards)
5 Answers from the Community
You can't load Office to create new documents; instead, you would use Pages (Word equivalent), Numbers (Excel-like), and Keynote (like PowerPoint).
However, you CAN open, view and project Office documents you created on your computer on and through your iPad. You need a) a projection app and b) an adapter to project content onto your TV or through a projector to a screen. One app that let's you do this is, appropriately, called Projector. Another is called Expedition. (You could also try Web-to-VGA, but I think it's just for projecting webpages... must go back and double-check...)
Load the app, then load the file, plug in the iPad-to-VGA or iPad-to-component adapter, plug in to your TV or projector, open your document in the projection app of your choice (yes, you can open Office documents), and away you go.
Make sure you do some practice runs the first time.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Erin Anne B from Surrey
- Aug 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There are no apps for word, excel or powerpoint. Use keynote, numbers and pages. PPT files can be opened In keynote and word docs can open in pages. In presentation mode they will display.
- Answered by Robert T from Yorktown Heights
- Jun 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Download the following apps
Pages for word
Numbers for excel
Keynote for PowerPoint
Keynote remote on iPhone
I do all my presentations from iPad and iPhone 4S with a projectors with VGA adaptor
- Answered by Joe D
- Jul 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Have a look at SlideShark - specifically made for PowerPoint files - even has the presenter view so you can use the timers and see your notes while the presentation is output in full screen
- Answered by Sam D
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
There ARE apps for Office files, but they don't o/p to an external screen.
- Answered by Stuart B
- Aug 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Can a presentation created in Keynote (on a macbook) be separately 'loaded' onto apple TV and played?
- Asked by Samir K from Oakville
- Apr 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a presentation created in Keynote (on a macbook) be separately 'loaded' onto apple TV and played?)
- Asked about: Apple TV