How long will these batteries last between charges while being used in a device? As long as normal alkaline or lithium batteries? Or a shorter time?
3 Answers from the Community
Actually they do make lithium AA Batteries. I've been using them for years in my camera and cordless Apple mouse. They last a VERY long time in my mouse. Months.
- Answered by Greg J from Austin
- Aug 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
to correct the previous answer, you can purchase lithium AA batteries, and yes these will generally last longer than Ni-MH rechargeable batteries - in applications where there is high drain on the battery, i.e. digital camera.
In general Ni-MH batteries will "ast as long as a standard alkaline, if not slightly longer. However their storage duration is not as long, for instance a alkaline can easily be stored for several years and still work as new, where as a rechargeable will not hold its charge for this duration, and may not work (hold its charge) correctly after prolonged storage without use (if storing without use, make sure they are fully charged first to minimise this problem).
- Answered by Mark F from Guildford
- Aug 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
These batteries should last a lot longer than standard alkaline batteries, and they don't yet make Lithium AA batteries.
- Answered by Esteban V from Reno
- Jul 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How long does the battery charge last?
- Asked by Ashleigh W from Dallas
- Nov 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does the battery charge last?)
- Asked about: Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover f…
How long am I to expect the battery for this to last?
- Asked by Faaiz K from Stockton-on-tees
- Jan 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How long am I to expect the battery for this to last?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
How long does the battery last?
- Asked by Jo W
- Aug 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does the battery last?)
- Asked about: Polar Wearlink®+ Heart Rate Transmi…
No answers yet