How long do the batteries last on a full charge cycle, and what is the starting percentage… with the Magic Mouse? with the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard?
I'm not sure why Apple pulled my question a few days ago. There was no profanity and it was respectfully commented on one time.
My question might help sway many of the recent negative reviews.
Whenever I've used 2200 mAh Energizer batteries in my Magic Mouse, the percentage has always started at 76% or lower, and never consistent. I was informed rechargeables are only 1.2v compared to regular alkaline which are 1.5v. Perhaps, the software meter in OS X may not be taking the lower voltage into consideration?
The NiMh Energizer batteries in conjunction with the Energizer 15-min charger I own are AWFUL. They only last 3 to 5 days depending on a bunch of variables. I would like to know, BASED ON EXPERIENCE, how long these Apple batteries last on a full cycle using their charger. I don't think anyone wants to buy another dud no matter what statistics tell us.
- Asked by Scott K from Westwood
- Aug 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How long do the batteries last on a full charge cycle, and what is the starting percentage… with the Magic Mouse? with the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard?)
3 Answers from the Community
i have just updated to lion and since then the battery percentage on the bluetooth menu item corresponding to my magic mouse says 100% so i believe they have fixed the issue of mis-representation of the battery's percentage.
- Answered by Ben G
- Jul 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
A 15 minute battery charger (of any brand or any "fast" charger) will simply kill any rechargeable battery quicker. Toss your 15 minute charger in the trash. Your batteries will thank you.
The Apple charger is a "smart" charger. It can charge 1 or 2 batteries at a times (your Energizer charger can only charge 2 at a time) and deliver the correct charge for the correct time to not destroy the battery.
"How long do the batteries last on a full charge cycle"
Can't give a straight answer because it depends on many factors.
- Answered by Chris C from Colorado Springs
- Aug 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
For me if I used the keyboard and mouse one hour a day for a month and still there is a 28% charge left. Amazing quality!!!
- Answered by Cristiano D from Vaughan
- Oct 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How long will magic mouse last?
- Asked by Craig G from Seattle
- Aug 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How long will magic mouse last?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
how long does the battery last on a full charge?
- Asked by Kelly H from Mackinaw
- Nov 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how long does the battery last on a full charge?)
- Asked about: TRANSIT by Soen Portable Bluetooth …