Do these batteries use the Sanyo eneloop technology? Also, how many mAh do these have?
I'm curious if they can retain a charge without draining. the Eneloop batteries come pre-charged and don't lose their charge over time if left idle. Just wondering what Apple is using. ( Eneloop batteries usually have a white cap on top around the contact )
- Asked by Gary A from Burnaby
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these batteries use the Sanyo eneloop technology? Also, how many mAh do these have?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, these batteries are apparently low self-discharge NiMH batteries, like the Sanyo Eneloop batteries, otherwise they wouldn't retain 80% of their charge after a year. It's not clear yet if they are just rebranded Eneloops.
- Answered by Conrad H from Costa Mesa
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My Apple batteries were nearly fully charged when I got them. That's typical for "Low Self Discharge" (LSD) NiMH batteries, but NOT for typical "consumer-grade" NiMH batteries. (Sanyo eneloops are the LSD type.)
These Apple batteries have a label capacity of "Min. 1900 mAH". Compare to eneloop, AA batteries, which say "Typ. 2,000 mAH, Min. 1,900 mAH".
- Answered by Robert D from Nashua
- Aug 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I've compared Apple batteries and 4 different Eneloop packages. Except black plastic around top contact, all of them appear the same. EXACTLY the same!
- Answered by Фатеев С from Ростов-на-дону
- Jan 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How many mAh does a new battery have?
- Asked by Marc T from Bellingham
- Aug 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How many mAh does a new battery have?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
How to insert iPhone in battery pack
- Asked by Abdelgadir E from Tempe
- Jan 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How to insert iPhone in battery pack)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Plus Battery Case…