Is there a power cord adapter for the 15" Macbook Pro you can use in your car?
I just purchased a 15" Macbook Pro and travel with it. I charge my cell phone while driving. Is this an option for my Macbook?
I prefer to buy an Apple product, but if one is not available I would consider another company.
- Asked by Nick L from San Carlos
- Oct 6, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a power cord adapter for the 15" Macbook Pro you can use in your car?)
2 Answers from the Community
The short answer, No.
The long answer, not from apple. There are manufacturers of power inverters for your vehicle. Inverters will convert a standard vehicle DC outlet to AC 110 power. You can find these at most auto-parts stores and most electronics retailers. Just be sure to purchase one that allows for a 3-prong ground and gives you a high enough wattage for your use.
- Answered by David R from Indio
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm sure they can make one for Autos Trucks and RV's that need to run on 12 volt systems
- Answered by Sam F from Garfield
- Jun 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the side pocket on this sleeve accommodate the power adapter for the 15" MacBook Pro Retina?
- Asked by Brent D from Redding
- Mar 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the side pocket on this sleeve accommodate the power adapter for the 15" MacBook Pro Retina?)
- Asked about: Thule 11" Stravan Sleeve for MacBoo…
how do i replace a macBook Pro power cord?
- Asked by Catharina L from Devon
- Nov 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i replace a macBook Pro power cord?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet