I have a new MacBook Pro 15" and I travel to China often. How do I get a plug for the Chinese socket? Not the whole power supply but the cord?
3 Answers from the Community
The Apple world travel kit doesn't work with all Chinese sockets. Some Chinese sockets will accept the US 2 prong plug (220V though). Other Chinese sockets will accept the Australian slanted 2 prong plug. Both of these are in the Apple world travel kit.
The trouble is that in many areas, the Chinese socket require a 3 prong plug that resembles the Australian slated 2 prong plug with an added 3rd prong for a ground. This type of socket works like the British or Hong Kong 3 prong sockets. The male ground plug must be slightly longer than the other two prongs. This longer ground prong is necessary to trip the protector that lets the other 2 male prongs enter the socket.
The Apple world travel kit doesn't provide an adapter for this type of socket. If that is the socket you need, you're better off using your US plug and buying an adapter in China.
- Answered by Robert R from Fayetteville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Apple set of world power adapters are magnificent, I use them all the time, especially in China. Some people moan that they are too expensive (then don't buy Apple gear in the first place) but they are well made, very portable and the best travelling power solution I have ever used. Just search for World Travel Adapter Kit - 30 quid is a bargain in my view
- Answered by Chris H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
apple sells a world travel kit. it includes pulls for all over the world
- Answered by Doug G from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is it better to get the adapter or just buy a new Magsafe 2 power supply?
- Asked by Henry H from Palo Alto
- Aug 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it better to get the adapter or just buy a new Magsafe 2 power supply?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
Does the power supply bag work with UK adapter?
- Asked by Ahmad J from Cupertino
- Oct 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the power supply bag work with UK adapter?)
- Asked about: Brenthaven 15" Medina Slim Brief Ca…
No answers yet
i am looking for a new macbook pro power chord
- Asked by Edward T from Ronkonkoma
- Jan 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (i am looking for a new macbook pro power chord)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet