Can I use the 45W adapter to power my 13" MacBook Pro?
I've read that I can use the 45W adapter from my old MacBook Air to power my 13" MacBook Pro, but that it will only provide power and not recharge the battery. True? Safe to do?
- Asked by Sarah B from South Thomaston
- Dec 28, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 45W adapter to power my 13" MacBook Pro?)
2 Answers from the Community
It does work though. My friend has a 13" MacBook Pro and we have charged it using my 45W adapter that came with my MacBook Air.
- Answered by Frank H from Houston
- Oct 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I wouldn't use it. All 13" MacBook Pro ship with a 60 W power adapter. You probably could step down fro 85 W to 60 W because the 85 W would provide enough power, but there's no way for a 45 W adapter to go up.
- Answered by Melissa T from Coquitlam
- Apr 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
would this adapter work with an 11" or 13" macbook air ?
- Asked by Patriciohervas D from Quito
- Nov 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (would this adapter work with an 11" or 13" macbook air ?)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
Can I use the converter with a Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter
- Asked by Antony D
- Jun 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the converter with a Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter