60W charger for black Macbook
My charger just died but the new 60W is not compatible with my Macbook black, what kind of charger can I buy?
- Asked by Diana M
- Aug 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (60W charger for black Macbook)
2 Answers from the Community
The new ones will work just fine as long as your macbook has a rectangular magnetic head (as opposed the round ones that the ibook and powerbook used).
The new power adapters have a smaller metal head (as opposed to plastic) and are designed so that the cable extends backward from the laptop as opposed to off to the side but those are just design improvements. They fit the same port and plug into the computer exactly the same as the plastic rectangular ones.
- Answered by Kieran K from Burnsville
- Aug 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Check out you box dude. It has 2 numbers, de Axxxx is from your Mac model and the other one from your corresponding charger. That way you can check the voltage and current. The new charger can be equal in Watts but must be equal in both of them.
- Answered by Mario L from San Luis Potosi
- Oct 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use a 85w magsafe to charge my black macbook?
- Asked by Reid W from Fort Thomas
- Feb 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a 85w magsafe to charge my black macbook?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
will this product be compatible with the previous aluminum body macbooks which were dicontinued before they pushed out the 13" macbook pro's?
- Asked by Brent H from Lethbridge
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (will this product be compatible with the previous aluminum body macbooks which were dicontinued before they pushed out the 13" macbook pro's?)
- Asked about: Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adapter (fo…