240 volt compatibilty
is this unit compatible with Italy's 240 Volt outlets?
- Asked by Lester K from Fort Worth
- Jul 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (240 volt compatibilty)
1 Answer from the Community
Electrically: Apple's MagSafe adapters are labelled for AC input of "100-240V 50/60 Hz". They should work worldwide. (Mine does).
Physically: Most of Italy uses European-style two-round-pin AC sockets. There are local variations - some sockets have earth/ground connectors also, though the Magsafe adapter does not need this. You can get many converters to convert from US flat-blade mains plugs to Euro-style sockets. Best is to use the correct Euro-plug to fit directly on the MagSafe in place of (say) the US flat-blade AC plug. Second-best is to use a lead from Magsafe's own Figure-8 AC connector to the wall socket. This prevents the weight of the Magsafe dragging itself out of the wall outlet.
Air Transport: You should carry your adapters with you so that you can power-up your laptop for security at any airport you pass through.
- Answered by Gerald W
- Jul 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Ipad charger for American 110 volt 60 Hz. Is it also 240 volt 50 Hz?
- Asked by George M from Fairfield
- Mar 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (The Ipad charger for American 110 volt 60 Hz. Is it also 240 volt 50 Hz?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Hi, I have MacBook in canada but iam gona going in India there is 240 volt. the travel kit is working in India for my Mac Book ?
- Asked by Prosanto M from Edmonton
- Dec 23, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, I have MacBook in canada but iam gona going in India there is 240 volt. the travel kit is working in India for my Mac Book ?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Does the Twelve South adapter convert 240 volts to 120 volts?
- Asked by Anne T from Germantown
- May 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Twelve South adapter convert 240 volts to 120 volts?)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug World Charger …