Will this replace my existing bt homehub
Looks great! I have an existing airport and airport express linked to a BT homehub.
I'm looking to replace my old home hub and I see the new base station has a WLAN port. Will this directly connect to an existing ADSL line with microfilter or do I still need an ADSL filter and BT Homehub (i.e. retain my home hub connected to ADSL and link to airport via LAN cable). Thanks
- Asked by Carl G
- Jun 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this replace my existing bt homehub)
1 Answer from the Community
If your BT homehub makes use of an external modem (such as the openreach 'infinity' FTTC/FTTP modem) then yes as you would connect the modem to the Express. Otherwise no, the express is not a modem and the telephone line will not plug directly into the Express.
You could turn off wifi on the BT HH and then connect the Express to it via ethernet cable and use the Express as the wifi access point for your network.
- Answered by Oliver J
- Aug 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Existing dimmers, system and control...
- Asked by Morten P from Redondo Beach
- Jan 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing dimmers, system and control...)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb - Starte…
Will The Apple Extreme replace the BT Home Hub (Black one)
- Asked by Jason F
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will The Apple Extreme replace the BT Home Hub (Black one))
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme