Will AirPlay stream audio from video? As in playing a movie on a computer and have the audio still in sync?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes but there is a delay with the sound. It's just as you are using AirPlay with just audio output rather than both av.
- Answered by Felix G from Rooty Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you are willing to use a 3rd party app, Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba already supports this using their 'Airfoil Video Player' for Mac (included with purchase of Airfoil). You can watch web video or a local movie file on your computer, and stream the audio to any AirPlay receiver.
- Answered by Thomas D from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?
- Asked by Simon W from Evansville
- Apr 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
How do I send only the audio from my Netflix movie on my iPad to the Apple TV, which is connected to my external speakers?
- Asked by Alexander J M from Austin
- Jan 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I send only the audio from my Netflix movie on my iPad to the Apple TV, which is connected to my external speakers?)
- Asked about: Apple TV