Looking to install this in a energy efficient demanding house boat. What are the peak/average operating currents at 120VAC, assuming no usb connectivity.
- Asked by David E from Westfield
- Jun 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Power Draw)
1 Answer from the Community
Depends on how much switching and or routing the device is handling. Running on averages, and at 123.5 vac average, It draws from .11 to .13 amps in "ready" condition. Once some traffic starts flowing, example, iPod playing on line game + media server streaming a movie to apple tv + iPhone watching a stream from netflix, one computer downloading updates. Average power draw 10 watts peaked at 12 watts. Average amps .15 to .3 amps. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Bill B from Red Oak
- Mar 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the adapter have a battery is or it drawing power from the iPad?
- Asked by Daniel A from Phoenix
- Apr 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the adapter have a battery is or it drawing power from the iPad?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
How many watts of power does the Air port extreme draw?
- Asked by Joel G from Ocean Ridge
- Sep 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How many watts of power does the Air port extreme draw?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does this transformer draw a trickle of power when plugged in a live socket but not charging a device
- Asked by David F from Broomfield
- Jun 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this transformer draw a trickle of power when plugged in a live socket but not charging a device)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter