Is this device capable of sharing a typical hotel WiFi connection?
Problem: Some hotels have expensive WiFi only internet access that is tied to a single device. I'd like to share this connection amongst my devices (MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc). Some hotels only offer fee-based WiFi and are bound to a single device. Can this device extend a WiFi only network like those found in some hotels?
- Asked by Michael S from Newport News
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this device capable of sharing a typical hotel WiFi connection?)
1 Answer from the Community
Usually not - as the hotels want each device to be connected/authorized. Instead, I connect my MAC via WIFI to the hotel, then share the wifi connection over the MAC's ethernet port, that is then connected to the Airport Express, which is configured to create its own network. This way all my other devices use the Airport Express and they all share the MAC's wifi connection.
- Answered by Joseph V from Clifton
- Jun 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
We are a family of 6 all with apple devices. Is the time capsule multi user capable? Specifically around the backup and sharing areas?
- Asked by Andre L
- Aug 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (We are a family of 6 all with apple devices. Is the time capsule multi user capable? Specifically around the backup and sharing areas?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB