Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
my new iMac OSX 10.8.2 recognizes no airport devices, which only blink yellow. The network that my old iMac OSX 10.4 recognized, did not transfer to the new device at the time of purchase, and I cannot seem to establish a new network to stream music to my stereo. The airport express devices are about 2006 vintage.
1 Answer from the Community
After taking the desktop iMac to the Mac Store, along with the airport express, the tech found that my new iMac and the store's new iMac OSX 10.8 did not recognize the 2006 version of airport express. However the tech's personal older model laptop did recognize the airport express. He transferred the file from his computer to mine and Mountain Lion OSX 10.8 then recognized my old airport express. Everything is now working as I had hoped.
This was an unexpected problem for all the service techs at the store and one for which they could find no Apple service commentary.. They were going to persue the issue further, as they expected the problem to surface again. This was also a concern to them because Apple is still selling the older version of Airport Express along side a new version.
- Answered by Stephen S from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with OS X 10.8.4?
- Asked by Lindsay F from Bensalem
- Sep 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with OS X 10.8.4?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Is it compatible with OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Preston A from Pullman
- Jan 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P'9223 USB…
Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?
- Asked by Constance M from Arlington Heights
- Dec 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard