I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?
- Asked by Juliana P from North Bend
- Oct 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have on older e-mac that is not wifi, is there anyway to make it wifi?)
2 Answers from the Community
You will need to acquire the then optional eMac Airport Extreme card; it fits into the expansion slot in your eMac. It is only 54Mbit/s, so don't expect to take full advantage of the speed of this base station.
Alternatively, you can use a standard Wi-Fi USB stick. A modern USB wifi stick will work with the Airport Express Base Station but you will need to make sure it is also compatible with your computer.
- Answered by Emmanuel M
- Dec 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. You will need this Airport Express Base Station to receive the wifi signal from your router, so that you can have your e-mac running in a different room in the house away from your router without long lines of ethernet cords everywhere.
- Answered by Jeffrey H from Seattle
- Nov 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Macbook Air 2013 or older Macbook Pro
- Asked by Matt N from Fort Worth
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Air 2013 or older Macbook Pro)
- Asked about: Mac